There are so many things you can do to keep your hair from breaking and splitting, and to help it grow. Here are nine different ways hair will grow beautifully with a little help from the following:
1. First, turn down the heat on your blow dryer. If you can’t, go buy one that has heat controls.
2. Turn down the heat on the flat iron, or give your hair weekend free heat days. Instead do a cute braid or high pony tail. Get creative with a causal up do and let the hair have a stress free day.
3. Wigs can be a fun way to change things up to give your hair a break too.
4. Make sure if you color or highlight your hair your colorist is using a high-grade color product. Ammonia free colors are fairly new in the last few years and do far less damage.
5. If you high-light your hair and you’re a little on the crunchy side, give it a rest and ask the colorist to add low lights for the fall. Keep the volume of peroxide to a 20 %. Most of the time I can achieve the lightness I want and not over-process the client’s hair with a higher volume of peroxide.
6. Always invest in salon products. We are not trying to sell you shampoo we are trying to take care of your investment. Clients will say to me my hair looks and feels so good when I leave here. Well, there is a reason for that; it’s the products we use. Take home a good sulfate free shampoo, especially if you have colored treated hair and good conditioner and a treatment you can use once a week or twice a month. Try to do a treatment the day before you visit your salon for a color service. It prepares your hair, helps the condition and holds the color better. If you use hot tools use a heat protector before the blow drying process. Your stylist should be able to recommend one she likes or has used on you before.
7. Treat yourself to a deep scalp and hair treatment. Not all treatments are the same so look for one that focuses on the condition of your scalp and hair. Steam is the best for these types of treatments.
8. Look for a Trichologist in your area. We specialize in a healthy hair and scalp. Remember, “A healthy scalp is as important for healthy hair as healthy gums are for healthy teeth.”
9. FDA Laser Light Therapy has showed positive results for fuller healthier hair. The Theradome helmet is one of my favorites.
These are some of the best ways to protect your hair from breaking and becoming brittle. If you or someone you know suffers from hair loss or brittle hair, contact us today.
For more information on growing long and beautiful hair, see our Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest pages.
Patti Wood WTS, Owner of Off 5th Avenue Salon, is a professionally trained hair stylist and a certified Trichologist specializing in Hair Replacement therapy and solutions. Patti has helped many clients solve hair loss problems ranging from cancer treatments, male or female pattern baldness, hair thinning, and Alopecia Areata. She works closely with Dermatologists and Physicians in treatment plans.